I got the opportunity to talk to Christian Bosse, a S&C Coach for the National Commitee of the Netherlands. We talked about my journey into coaching and talent identification. The importance of the Olympic Lifts in Strength & Conditioning and strength training for children.
Furthermore, we discussed
· How I got into Strength and Conditioning
· My work as Head of Talent Identification for the German Olympic Weightlifting Federation
· My recollection of the Sydney 2000 Olympics where Women’s Olympic Weightlifting was introduced
· The role of Olympic weightlifting in Strength and Conditioning
· How long it takes to learn the technique of the Olympic Lifts
· The similarities and differences between S&C for youth athletes and mature athletes
· Strength training for kids: Is it dangerous?
· The talent identification process in the Olympic Weightlifting
· Testing motor skills and what kind of motor skills are best tested
· How does the LTAD framework in Olympic Weightlifting look like
· What other sports are beneficial for Olympic Weightlifting